Embedded Software Engineer C C++
1 week ago
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
- Salary: £30k - 60k per year + Top Bens+Perks
- Job Ref: -embedded/259/za
- Contact Name: Mark Ashton
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Published: Aug 13, 2019 0:00
C Embedded Software Engineer
A well-established electronics are creating products that are a unique synthesis of technological excellence and visionary thinking. The company culture is such that all share a desire to push the limits of human ingenuity to make their world-beating digital audio products even better.
As a result of continuing success and the development of new products, further embedded engineers are needed.
Your Job Roles:
- Contribute to an enthusiastic and talented team of Software Engineers to bring new products and compelling experiences to the market.
- Design and develop modules that interface with user controls, audio middleware, networked services and application systems; design and develop application-specific modules.
- Implement new features in our audio mixer service, including MIDI functionality, scheduling and memory management.
- Familiarity/experience with Linux development including topics like device driver development, network programming, and multi-threaded / multi-process programming.
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers, partners, and non-technical cohorts, building complex, multi-threaded system software that has been successfully delivered.
- Assist with Architecture and Design of new and current systems
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high-quality software.
- Participate in code reviews, giving and receiving detailed feedback with other engineers.
Knowledge and Proficiency:
- Technical education to university-level (Computer Science, Electronic Engineering).
- Software development in C/C++ low-level engineering projects.
- Some knowledge with any of the following FPGAs, Xilinx, VHDL, DSP.
- Identifying system and software security risks and developing solutions.
- Skills in designing & developing communication protocols for systems utilisting and other such inter-IC interfaces.
- Strong systematic problem solving and analytical skills.
- An understanding of networking concepts, kernel/networking stack,TCP/IP, etc
- Strong programming skills C for embedded systems.
- Problem-solving skills, and the ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Salary plus bonus
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays
- Private Health & Dental
- Company bonus scheme based on sales / profits
- Flexibility offered. Perhaps open to some home working if needed too.
- August and a Xmas shutdowns
If you know your way around an embedded system and have an interest in audio, this job is for you.
They have already engineered truly incredible products, and now they seek a new engineer to work on the next iteration of the flagship product. Great time to be joining the team.
Amazing Prospects Ltd; a trusted Recruiter for Cambridge Technology companies. We find the top 15% of talent for Technology companies in Cambridge.